Deutsche Post DHL Group is a pioneer in green logistics
Today's leading companies, large and small, are looking for ways to go green. They understand that if we want our planet to remain habitable for generations to come, we must work together now to identify and reduce emissions, to make our businesses more sustainable.
Ultimately, we want to move towards a Circular Economy; reducing the consumption of raw materials and energy, and ensuring more sustainable, regenerative production and consumption patterns through the circular flow of goods.
To realise a more sustainable future, it’s important to think big. That’s why the Deutsche Post DHL Group has made it a mission to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
This approach is guided by two core principles:
- Burn Less by reducing energy consumption
- Burn Clean by using alternative energy sources and fuels
To achieve this goal, we have committed to a number of ambitious interim goals. By the year 2025, we want to:
- Increase our carbon efficiency by 50% compared to 2007 levels. This new target is based on the approach taken by the Science Based Targets Initiative.
- Reduce local air pollution emissions by operating 70% of our own first and last mile services with clean pick-up and delivery solutions, such as bicycles and electric vehicles.
- Have more than 50% of our sales incorporate Green Solutions. In this way we also make our customers' supply chains greener.